Maximize customer convenience.
Leverage store inventory.
Shoppers want the convenience of quicker access to their purchase, which is why retailers implement the buy online, pick up in store (BOPIS) strategy. enVista’s BOPIS software enables retailers to utilize physical stores as hubs for fulfillment—ultimately placing the product in the hands of the consumer at a much faster rate, and often at a much lower cost to the business. There are many benefits to retailers and customers, and BOPIS is the perfect way to bolster your omnichannel retail strategy.
Optimize inventory visibility and drive more purchases: How BOPIS benefits retailers
Retailers need to offer modern conveniences and increase store revenue. BOPIS can offer exactly that:
- Maximize inventory visibility and positioning - BOPIS allows retailers to fulfill more online orders from inventory they already have, and ideally, from near the point of demand, driving down fulfillment costs.
- Deliver convenience and choice for your customers - Combine the ease of online and in-app shopping with the immediacy of in-store order collection to meet modern consumer needs and improve customer relationships.
- Reduce last mile shipping costs - Focus on bulk shipping directly to the physical store without the added expense of store-to-door costs.
- Increase foot traffic and cross-sell opportunities - In-store pickup assists in driving foot traffic to nearby stores and provides additional sales opportunities.
Support customer convenience: Why customers prefer BOPIS
According to the National Retail Federation, 97% of consumers have backed out of a purchase because it was inconvenient for them but over 90% of shoppers agree that BOPIS options provide critical convenience as they buy.
- Increase time efficiency - BOPIS allows consumers to spend less time in-store and makes trips out faster.
- Remove customer shipping costs - Customers save money by picking up items rather than shipping them directly.
- Provide quick access to purchases - Shoppers avoid the wait time of shipping and can receive in-stock items in a matter of hours rather than days.
Our team of retail experts help many leading retailers optimize their processes to make BOPIS transactions profitable.
- Inventory accuracy and visibility - Increase inventory availability and minimize out-of-stocks with systems that offer improved inventory accuracy and visibility.
- Efficient order pick-up at the store - Improve the processes for picking merchandise and fulfilling orders in the store to offer a convenient and fast service that delights customers.
- Determine convenient pick-up area - Ensure the order pick up area is easy to find and orders are processed quickly with minimal lines for an easy-in and easy-out experience.
- Associate training - Properly train associates to ensure orders are processed efficiently and readily accessible when customers arrive.
What is BOPIS and how does it work?
In the retail space, the acronym BOPIS stands for ‘buy online, pick up in-store.’ BOPIS provides customers with the option to purchase goods online. Their purchase is then prepared in-store and can be picked up by the customer at the brick and mortar location via one of several methods including a designated pickup area, curbside pickup, or a retail locker.
BOPIS options for customers require that the given business have both an online and physical storefront. Customers use the BOPIS option by selecting ‘in-store pickup’ when shopping online or with a retail app. This order is then sent to the physical store for fulfillment. Once it’s ready, the customer is notified and can pick up the order during regular business hours.
At enVista, we’re equipped to help retailers implement this option to help users and customers alike take advantage of the benefits of BOPIS.