Transportation, supply chain and IT consulting firm executives to provide best practices around Lean supply chain practices and global freight process payment
enVista, a leading global transportation management, supply chain consulting and IT services firm, will share insight during two educational sessions at Parcel Forum, a trade show and conference focused on helping parcel shipping and distribution professionals develop and manage a more efficient shipping process. enVista executives will share expertise on topics related to Lean supply chains and global freight process management during the event. Details of the sessions include:
Implementation and Benefits of Lean Thinking for the Supply Chain
- Date: Tuesday, Oct. 20 (10 a.m.)
- Presenters: Tom Stretar, enVista senior director and Kurt Leisman, enVista director
- Description: Lean practices are all too often associated with manufacturing. When in reality, the tools and training are ideal for any environment, including the supply chain execution market. Considering logistics cost as a percent of company sales is on the rise (now over 9 percent), utilizing the fundamentals of Lean tools can save millions of dollars in operating costs, which go right to bottom line profitability. This two-hour learning session will cover the use of Lean tools for the supply chain that consider the range of operations, including warehousing and distribution, transportation, inventory management and labor.
Global Freight Process Management
- Date: Wednesday, Oct. 21 (12:40 p.m.)
- Presenters: Doug Kahl, enVista vice president of sales and Dominic McGough, managing partner of enVista Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA)
- Description: Many global US-based companies have limited visibility to transportation across their entire global transportation network at the cost of business intelligence and cost control. In this session, learn how to track global commerce activity across the entire transportation life cycle including planning, execution and settlement. While state-of-the-art transportation management systems (TMS) and rating engines play an important role, advanced freight audit and payment processes/functions are key to obtaining optimal results.
“With shifting rates, peak capacity, competitor choice concerns and compliance requirements, parcel shippers are facing many challenges,” said Kahl. “We look forward to offering insights on two very relevant topics to help leaders readily deliver significant efficiencies and savings across their global supply chains. For shippers looking to gain a competitive edge, these sessions will offer tactical advice on how to thrive, especially in today’s omni-channel environment.”
Since opening its Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) headquarters in 2014, enVista has continued to expand its services globally, including global freight audit and payment services and cloud-based software solutions. The EMEA expansion, coupled with the opening of an office in India, has enabled the company to better respond to demand for carrier invoice audit and payment services.
For more information about enVista, visit booth 308 during Parcel Forum or https://www.envistacorp.com/transportation.