Supply chain and IT consulting firm recognized for sixth consecutive year for services that enhance environmental sustainability in the food and beverage industry
enVista, a leading global supply chain consulting and IT services firm, today announces it has been named to Food Logistics’ Top Green Providers list for the sixth consecutive year for its services that enable and promote sustainability for clients in the food and beverage industry. The list offers logistics professionals a guide to the providers, manufacturers, and software and technology companies that have found new ways to promote sustainability throughout their operations and those of their customers.
“This is the sixth consecutive year enVista has been honored by Food Logistics Magazine for its success in helping clients reduce waste and achieve more environmentally-friendly and sustainable supply chain operations,” said enVista CEO, Jim Barnes. “Many projects enVista manages result in savings in the six-figure range with rapid ROI. Leading the sustainability initiatives at enVista are our Lean Six Sigma certified experts that are able to provide a variety of services in order to quickly and efficiently eliminate waste within the supply chain and reduce our clients carbon footprint.”
“enVista’s workforce management practice has seen substantial growth because labor represents a significant portion of operational costs and we are able to help companies realize immediate and significant savings,” said enVista Senior Director and Labor Management Solutions Practice Leader, Tom Stretar. “Our experienced team helps clients of all sizes eliminate waste, reduce costs and enhance employee performance throughout their labor operations.”
enVista consultants are Lean Six Sigma experts, helping companies reduce waste from source to consumption. enVista has a proven track record of helping clients enhance sustainability through a number of services including:
- Transportation planning and optimization – Reducing transportation requirements and carbon footprint across all modes
- Facility design build – Optimizing existing facilities and designing new facilities optimized for long-term usage and leveraging sustainable/LEED-certified building opportunities
- Supply chain network optimization – Reducing transportation requirements/emissions and facilities requirements
- Material flow analysis and inventory optimization – Reducing safety stock/excess inventory
- Supply chain strategy/Omni-channel retail strategy – Leveraging clients’ facilities, stores, suppliers and logistics partners to optimize order fulfillment at least cost and with the fewest transportation requirements
- Workforce management – Labor productivity improvements that can result in reduced staffing levels or even reduced shifts, subsequently lowering energy requirements
- Supply chain execution technology implementations – Promoting quality assurance and traceability throughout the entire supply chain to reduce the number of mass recalls and associated waste
The Top Green Providers list is featured in the June issue of the magazine.