Supply chain and IT consulting firm recognized for fifth consecutive year for services that enhance sustainability in the food and beverage industry
enVista, a leading global supply chain consulting and IT services firm, today announces it has been named to Food Logistics’ Top Green Providers list for the fifth consecutive year for its services that enable and promote sustainability for clients in the food and beverage industry. The list offers logistics professionals a guide to the providers, manufacturers, and software and technology companies that have found new ways to promote sustainability throughout their operations and those of their customers.
“We are proud to help our clients drive out waste and to help them achieve more environmentally-friendly and sustainable supply chains,” said enVista President and CEO Jim Barnes. “Our Lean Six Sigma certified consultants maintain a focus on eliminating waste in the forms of excess inventory, transport, motion, waiting, over-processing, overproduction and defects. This directly impacts energy and materials requirements and reduces our clients’ carbon footprints. We are honored to receive this recognition from Food Logistics for the fifth year in a row.
enVista consultants are Lean Six Sigma experts, helping companies reduce waste from source to consumption. The company has a proven track record of helping clients enhance sustainability through a number of services including:
- Transportation planning and optimization – Reducing transportation requirements and carbon footprint across all modes
- Facility design build – Optimizing existing facilities and designing new facilities optimized for long-term usage and leveraging sustainable/LEED-certified building opportunities
- Supply chain network optimization – Reducing transportation requirements/emissions and facilities requirements
- Material flow analysis and inventory optimization – Reducing safety stock/excess inventory
- Supply chain strategy/Omni-channel retail strategy – Leveraging clients’ facilities, stores, suppliers and logistics partners to optimize order fulfillment at least cost and with fewest transportation requirements
- Workforce management – Labor productivity improvements that can result in reduced staffing levels or even reduced shifts, subsequently lowering energy requirements
- Supply chain execution technology implementations – Promoting quality assurance and traceability throughout the entire supply chain to reduce the number of mass recalls and associated waste
“The 2016 Top Green Providers reached a new record high for applicants and recipients, confirming the importance of sustainability in the global food and beverage supply chain,” says Lara Sowinski, editorial director, supply chain network, at AC Business Media. “Our industry’s continued focus on environmental stewardship and the role that growers, manufacturers, logistics companies, retailers and others play is driving heightened awareness and actions aimed at reducing greenhouse gas emissions while simultaneously boosting cost and energy efficiencies.”
The Top Green Providers list is featured in the June issue of the magazine.
For more information about enVista, visit https://www.envistacorp.com